For those of us who have trouble meditating, yoga can be a good way to begin feeling what it’s like to be in a meditative state without the sometimes daunting task of simply sitting and trying to quiet the mind. Some of us have an easier time doing something while we are working towards quieting the mind, and yoga is perfect for that.
Yoga puts you in touch with your breath, your body and slowly gets you relaxed and quiet in your mind. Aside from the inner well-being benefits, Yoga is also a great physical activity for both men and women in not only gaining flexibility, but also balance and strength.
Below is a 20 minute routine involving some very simple poses for beginning so you can try out Yoga for yourself. The routine ends with relaxation and stillness as the body rests from the prior movements. This portion of each yoga routine is my favorite as you feel absolutely amazing. Try it for yourself!
This routine is demonstrated by Aruna and instructed by Sukadev Bretz of http://my.yoga-vidya.org.
· Build strength and flexibility
· Relieves stress
· Builds muscle and increases endurance
· Improves posture
· Increase focus, mental clarity and sharpness
· Focusing inward illuminates habits and behaviours so we can choose to adjust things as we see fit
· Helps bring balance to your neurological system & creates a healthier lifestyle
· Increase your intuition as it is less buried by an out of balance body
· Increase your creative abilities
· Gets you more connected to yourself and the earth
Check Out This Documentary
There’s a new film out right now called Origins and to celebrate its release the filmmakers are having a 10 day free screening.This is a great documentary that you will really want to check out.
The film explores both the simplest and most profound explanation of why the current health crisis is happening and the answers are offered by some of the brightest minds in human and environmental health, for why we’re more fat, sick and tired than we should be – and how we can reclaim the health and vitality that once came to us naturally.
Watch it now for free and pass it on to spread the word!