How To Reduce Uric Acid
- The reduction of processed sugars such as high fructose corn syrup, food high in saturated fats, and alcohol are healthy practices for everyone.
- The body should be kept hydrated with a combination of water, natural juices without any added sugar, fruit infused water, and herbal teas sweetened with honey.
- Stress should be reduced when and wherever possible through means which are easily obtainable. A hike in the mountains, or any form of natural landscape, provides physical activity and a wonderful environment to meditate in.
- Water, as mentioned, keeps the body hydrated and assists in flushing the body ridding it of toxins including overloads of uric acid.
Helpful Tonics To Fight Gout
- Lemon water is delicious, increases the alkalinity of the body, and prevents uric acid crystal formation. Squeeze half of a lemon into 8 ounces of warm or tepid water to drink every morning prior to breakfast.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water to drink prior to lunch and supper every day. Apple cider vinegar also increases body alkalinity. Systems which are slightly more alkaline than acidic prevent gout and numerous other negative health conditions. This form of vinegar contains malic acid which is believed to not only breakdown uric acid, but help flush it from the body.
- Sodium bicarbonate, also known as baking soda, has been shown to be an effective prophylaxis candidate for the reduction of uric acid in the body. Adding half of a teaspoon to one glass of water a day is best for prevention. An increase to a whole teaspoon is more effective for current attacks of gout.
Best Foods To Fight Gout
- The University Hospital of Zurich in Switzerland discovered that the extract of Devil’s Claw had measurable anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fifteen flavonoids were found to reduce uric acid in the body through various mechanisms, two of which are kaempferol and quercetin and found in parsley. It also contains apigenin which inhibits the xanthine oxidase enzyme thought to be the authority over converting purines into uric acid.
- Properties in flaxseed reduced serum uric acid of subjects during a laboratory test at the Federal Fluminense University.
- Curcumin, found in Turmeric, was proven to play a major role in renal protection and demonstrated effective anti-inflammatory actions.
- Bromelain, derived from pineapples, displayed both anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects in clinical trials.
- Cherries, berries, and grapes contain proanthocyanidins and anthocyanidins, or polyphenols, which were found to be effective anti-inflammatories by the Lanzhou Medical College.
All information, data and material contained, presented, or provided on TheMirrotPost.com is for educational purposes only. It is not to be construed or intended as providing medical or legal advice. Decisions you make about your family's healthcare are important and should be made in consultation with a competent medical professional. We are not physicians and do not claim to be. Any views expressed here-in are not necessarily those held by TheMirrotPost.com